JOB TITLE: New Product Development Leader
DEPARTMENT: R&D China
REPORTS TO: Director, R&D China
· Under supervision of R&D director, Competence center China, organizes and completes tasks for planning, organization, monitor, control, integration, and completion of new product development projects.
· Presents new product plans and follows through on their progression from concept to full production.
· Coordinates project activities of the cross-functional departments within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collaborates with Product Management in developing project proposals
· Leads the process to develop project scope, financial justifications, timeframes, priorities, costs
· Develops detailed project plans and schedules, monitors progress and assigns priorities to cross-functional project members in order to meet the project and company objectives
· Evaluates and implements project plans to meet project objectives regarding quality, project cost, product cost, durability and timing
· Leads the cross-functional core project team from project initiation through product launch of multiple projects at any given time
· Working with the Project Team, compiles, schedules and conducts the Gate meetings
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.S.M.E. preferred) or equivalent engineering education;
· PMP certification (or equivalent) desirable
· 5 years min. Working experience in international company
· At least 4 or more years / project management experience leading multidisciplinary and international teams
· Experience in developing complex products
· Large bill of material
· Integration of multiple systems into complete product; modular platform design approach desirable
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
· High proficiency in project management , global approach is desired.
· Deep knowledge and rich experience on NPD process, equipment or home appliance will be preferred.
· Good knowledge of corporate financial principles
· General knowledge of engineering design and technical principles
· General knowledge of regulatory approvals related to commercial and industrial products
· Ability to understand how decisions affect: sales, warranty, customer satisfaction, product safety
· Ability to analyze problems, handle conflicts and solve work related issues
· Ability to early identify and manage risks for the project deliverables